Oh my hot chocolatey-GOODNESS!!
1/2 cup butter, softened
1- 12 oz bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/4 cups brown sugar, packed
3 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
8 ounces dark chocolate, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
about 12 large marshmallows, cut in half
- To a medium, microwave-safe bowl, add the butter, chocolate chips, and heat on high power to melt for 1 minute. Stop to check and stir. Heat 30 seconds more, stir until chocolate has melted and smooth. Allow melted chocolate mixture to stand for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- To a separate large bowl, add the brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Beat with a. electric mixer on medium speed just until blended, about 1 minute.
- Add the cooled chocolate mixture and beat on medium speed until just until combined, about 1 minute. Stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, and salt. Beat on low speed just until combined, about 1 minute. Stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl. Cover bowl with plasticwrap and refrigerate for 2 hours, or until dough has firmed up significantly.
- Preheat oven to 325F. Spray nonstick spray on a cookie sheet or line with foil. Scoop 2 tbsp scoops of dough and place them on the baking sheet, spaced at least 2 inches apart (I only did 8 cookies per sheet). Bake for 10 minutes, or until edges and tops have just set, even if slightly undercooked and glossy in the center.
- Remove baking sheet from oven, add 1 piece of dark chocolate to the center of each cookie, pushing down very slightly just so it breaks the surface and sinks down.
- Place one marshmallow half on the top of each piece of chocolate on all the cookies, pushing down very slightly so the marshmallow sticks.
- Return baking sheet to oven and bake for about 5 minutes, or just until marshmallows have puffed; don't let them brown and don't overbake. Cookies firm up as they cool. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for about 10 minutes before serving.