Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Gluten free, sugar free, low carb Protein Cookies!!- Revised



These cookies are filled with everything good with none of the bad.... it truly is a non guilty pleasure!!! I make them every week with my ripe bananas. Even my husband loves them and says a lot!! Happy healthy baking friends!!

2-3 very ripe bananas 
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup peanut butter- any nut butter will do
2 eggs
1 tsp good vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp xanthum gum - this works as the flour
1 cup protein powder- I use vanilla
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup almond flour 
1 packet or 1 tsp of stevia- If my bananas are ripe enough I omit this. The riper the banana, the sweeter it is!
1 tbsp flax seeds (optional)
2 tbsp sunflower seeds- (also optional)
*I switch up the seeds and nuts that I add. Chia seeds or pumpkin seeds add great texture to the cookies as well.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl combine bananas, coconut oil, peanut butter. Cream together until smooth. Add eggs & vanilla. Mix dry ingredients and slowly add to banana mixture. Drop tbsp size spoonfuls on a greased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes. These cookies have a banana bread like/cakey texture. Because of the high protein content, I store mine in a large ziploc bag in the refrigerator. Enjoy that healthy goodness!

3 comments:

  1. What could I use in place of protein powder? Could I use one cup of organic Namaste gluten free flour? If so, would I omit the Xanthan? Could I use honey in place of the stevia? Thanks so much for your help. They look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What could I use in place of protein powder? Could I use one cup of organic Namaste gluten free flour? If so, would I omit the Xanthan? Could I use honey in place of the stevia? Thanks so much for your help. They look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there. Yes, you could use gluten free flour. You can omit the xanthum; you will just need a little more of one of the other flours you are using. Either the coconut, almond, or the gluten free flour. You can tell you've added enough when it has the consistency of a very thick batter. Also, you can absolutely sweeten with honey! I have used honey in place of Stevia and it tastes amazing! Best of luck and happy healthy baking my friend!

    ReplyDelete