Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Asian Sesame Cucumbers


I am saving this for next summer when cucumbers are plentiful! My good friend Linda gave me the last few cumbers in her garden this year and this is what I came up with... SO YUMMY!!!

3/4 cup rice wine vinegar
1/4 cup water plus 2 tbsp
1/4-1/3 cup sugar- depending on how sweet you like them
3 cloves minced garlic
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1/4 tsp salt 
1/8 tsp black pepper
1 tsp Siracha hot sauce- more if you like SPICY
pinch red pepper flakes
2 tbsp minced fresh cilantro
2 tsp sesame seeds
2 english cucumbers or 3 regular cucumber, peeled & sliced

Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl- Peel & slice cucumbers and add to marinade. Chill for 1-2 hours. I like them even better the next day. So fresh & fabulous!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment