I found this recipe on a few different blogs on Pinterest so I'm not sure who to give credit but whoever came up with these cute little lemon tarts is a genious! They are sinfully lemon-tastic!! You can use any sugar cookie recipe you like but here's the one that was listed & it's very simple and basic but any will work... use YOUR favorite recipe! Cheers!
- 8 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 and ½ cup all-purpose flour
- scant ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- juice from 1 large lemon, about 1/4 cup
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 4 Tablespoons powdered sugar, divided
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- To make the sugar cookie crust, beat the butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes oh high. Add the egg and mix on medium until fully incorporated. Add the flour, baking powder, and salt and mix on medium until well combined. Wrap the dough in parchment paper and refrigerate while you mix the lemon filling and oven preheats.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a mini muffin tin with butter or cooking spray.
- For the lemon filling, whisk together the eggs, egg yolks, whipping cream, lemon juice, lemon zest, and granulated sugar until smooth.
- Remove the cookie dough from the refrigerator. Divide the dough into 24 one inch even balls of dough. Press each ball of dough into muffin tin. Using your thumbs, press the dough into the tin so that it is evenly distributed along the sides and bottom. Pour the lemon filling into the center of each sugar cookie cup & fill just below the top of the crust.
- Bake until the filling is set and the crust begins to turn golden, 10-12 minutes. Pull the tarts out when the crust is barely golden. Allow to cool completely at room temperature then refrigerate until ready to serve. Dust the tops of the tarts with 2 tbsp powdered sugar. Beat the whipping cream with the remaining 2 tbsp of sugar until stiff peaks form, beat in vanilla . Pipe or spoon the whipping cream on top of each tart. Serve chilled.