Thursday, September 13, 2012

Chewy Gingersnap Cookies


I have been making these cookies for over 10 years and they are my most favorite cookie hands down! What's not to love with all that warm & spicy chewy goodness...my family LOVES them and I think yours will too! Happy baking friends! 



2/3 cup oil (vegetable or canola)
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
5 tbsp molasses
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon ( I add a heaping tsp)
1/2 tsp cloves
1 tsp ground ginger- I also have added fresh grated ginger in place of the ground ginger. I still add about a tsp if it's fresh
Extra sugar for rolling

In a large mixing bowl combine oil, sugar, & egg; mix well. Stir in molasses. Sift together dry ingredients ad gradually add to wet. It will be a stiff dough as it should be so you can roll into balls. Roll into about 1 tbsp sized balls (you can make them larger or smaller just be sure to adjust baking time according to size of cookie) then roll in sugar. Bake at 350 degrees 8-10 minutes. Yield: 2 1/2 dozen

No comments:

Post a Comment