- This oh so easy to make cheesecake is so creamy delicious & smooth...with a sweetened pretzel almond crust you will be in berry-licious heaven!! Great way to use up all those fresh berries that come this time of year!!
- 1 1/2 cups small pretzel twists (2 ounces; about 33)
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 1/2 8 ounce tub light cream cheese, softened
- 1 8 ounce carton light dairy sour cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 8 ounce container frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed
- 1 cup quartered or halved fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh mixed berries (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. For crust: 1. In a food processor, combine pretzels and sliced almonds; cover and process until finely crushed. Add butter & brown sugar; cover and process until combined. Press pretzel mixture on the bottom of an 8- or 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
For filling: 2. Place the water in a small saucepan; sprinkle with gelatin (do not stir). Let stand for 5 minutes to soften. Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin dissolves; set aside to cool slightly.
3. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, powdered sugar, and almond extract; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add gelatin mixture; beat until combined. Fold in whipped topping.
4. Spread half of the filling evenly over cooled crust. Top with half of the berries & quartered strawberries. Spread the remaining cream cheese mixture over berries. Cover and chill cheesecake for 4 to 24 hours or until set. Run a long sharp knife around edge of cheesecake to loosen; remove side of pan. Cut cheesecake into wedges. Top each serving with some of the remaining berries & strawberries.