Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Sneaky Delicious Chocolate Pie


I am a type 1 diabetic and have been for 20 years now. I LOVE to bake sweets and treats of all kinds but I rarely get to eat them. (and feel super guilty when I do) So this recipe is for me!! Zero sugar, low carb, only about 130 calories a slice...and SO silky delicious!! One secret ingredient...don't be scared...TOFU!! But you'll never know it's in there! I made a few changes from the original recipe and you can make whatever changes you like that suits you! 

1 pkg of silken or firm tofu (about 13 oz) I like the firm better for this recipe
2 tsp cocoa powder
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 tbsp almond milk (any milk will work here)
1/8 tsp salt
10 oz. sugar free chocolate chips (yes! somebody must have made these just for me! and thank you!) you can use regular chocolate chips if you aren't too concerned about it being completely sugar free.
2 tbsp agave nectar, (or sweetener of choice)
Prepared pie crust...I even found a sugar free graham cracker crust! Somebody out there loves me!

Melt the chocolate either over a double broiler or in the microwave. Then throw all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Pour into a prepared pie crust and chill. The longer it sits in the fridge the more it firms up. Can you even taste the tofu??? I didn't think so!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment