Thursday, December 15, 2011

Garlic Cheese Bread...


I originally found this recipe on Pinterest. (oh how I LOVE the recipes I have found on there!) But this is my version of the recipe.
1 batch of pizza dough (about a pound) You can either make this or buy the dough at the store or at a pizzeria, I've heard that some will sell you the dough?
1 stick softened butter + about 1 tbsp olive oil
2-3 garlic cloves pureed. You can mince it but pureeing it will combine more evenly through your butter. I use my microplane for this. A fine cheese grater would work great too! You can also use more or less garlic depending on your taste. I want to taste the garlic!!
1 tsp Italian herbs, dried works fine. (but in the summer months I always mince up my fresh ones from my herb garden)
Salt & pepper to taste; Start with about 1/2 tsp salt (you can always add more but you can't take out!)
1/3 cup grated parmesan.
About 3 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese; enough to really cover the pizza dough. I like it cheesy! :)
Pizza stone- this is the trick to getting the perfect crispy crust, along with a very HOT oven. If you don't have a pizza stone you can use a cookie sheet flipped uspide down.

Preheat pizza stone (or cookie sheet) in  oven to 475-500 degrees,
Combine in a small bowl your softened butter, olive oil, garlic, herbs, and salt and pepper. (give your butter mixture a taste to see if it needs more salt or garlic, or anything else)
While your oven is preheating either roll out or pizza dough or use your hands pressing it out and shape it into about the size of your stone or top of your cookie sheet. (it must not be bigger than your stone, you can imagine why...mess!!)
I also do this on a pizza wheel cover with cornmeal first so I can slide my dough onto preheated crust. If you don't have a pizza wheel a large clean piece of cardboard will work.
Okay so now that your dough is shaped, spread your butter mixture over dough evenly to edges. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and mozzarella over top. Very carefully slide the dough onto your heated stone. Bake about 12-15 minutes or till golden and bubbly. Your crust will be crispy and delicious! Just like it is at your favorite pizzeria!!
I like to serve mine with a drizzle of Lucero's Balsamic Vinegar. Honeyville Farms sells the BEST Balsamic vinegar I've ever had! Its thick and syrupy and it a perfect match with this bread!! ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment