This is the BEST cake/cupcake recipe that I have used for years & it could not be easier! You can switch the cake mix & pudding flavors to whatever you like...And the buttercream is my all time favorite for cakes, cupcakes, & cookies!
1 box devils food cake mix
1 small chocolate fudge pudding mix (dry)
¼ cup flour
½ cup vegetable oil
1 cup water
1-8 0z. container sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine all ingredients in the order given
- Put cupcake liners in muffin tin
- Fill each liner about 2/3 full
- Bake in pre-heated oven for about 25-30 minutes or until cupcakes spring back when touched
- Let cool & frost
- DELISH!!! Yield:2 dozen cupcakes
¾ cup butter, softened¼ cup shortening½ cup milk¼ tsp salt1&1/2 tsp vanilla2 lbs powdered sugarCombine all ingredients to spreading consistency
You can spread or pipe onto cupcakes but piping will use alot more frosting...but it's so cute!! ENJOY!