Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies


What if you could have your cookie AND eat it too? I would say color me happy & give me 3 please!! Packed with protein & fiber..these treats are still soft & chewy, & puff up like a little cookie cloud. Super excited about this one! 

1 cup creamy peanut butter-I use a peanut butter called Naturally More. I like it because it's lower in sugar but higher in protein & fiber & has flax seed running through it. ( I've only found it at Walmart) But use whatever PB you prefer.
1/4 honey 
2-3 tbsp agave nectar (you could just use 1/3 cup honey & omit the agave nectar or use whatever alternate sweetener you prefer to suit your needs)
1 egg
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp kosher salt 
1 scoop (about 5 tbsp) chocolate flavored protein powder
2-3 tbsp almond milk- any type of milk would work here
1/3 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all the ingredients except chocolate chips in a medium mixing bowl & beat until creamy. Fold in chocolate chips. I found that the cookies puffed up more if I chilled the batter for about 30 minutes before baking..not necessary, but recommended. Place about 1 tbsp size dollups onto a greased or foil lined cookie sheet & bake about 10 minutes. Oh snap!! You're on your way to a guilt free cookie heaven my friends!!


1 comment: